Who we are
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), the data Controller of the below referred personal data is the Women in Cable Telecommunications Europe Chapter, registered in Amsterdam, address at Boeing Avenue 53, 1119 PE Schiphol Rijk, The Netherlands.
Your data and how we use it.
We collect and process the following Personal Data:
- Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or that you have provided when you’ve signed up to receive communications, or when you have attended any of our events.
This also includes information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information and/or credit card information.
- Membership information, about your membership including your name, contact details such as address, phone number and email address (business or personal), age, job title, year of admission and any other information related to your membership.
What do we use your data for?
- To carry out our obligations arising from your membership, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us;
- to organize events that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- to provide our newsletter and other publications, provided you have given your consent;
- to respond to your questions and provide related membership services;
- to provide you with information about other events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer
Legal basis for processing this data:
We process these data where the processing is necessary for the performance of the contractual relationship to which you are a party and, where it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where you have opted-out to receiving commercial information from WICT Europe or any of our partners.
How long do we keep your data?
We will store your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the personal Data is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Data quickly upon request.
Do we share your data?
We share your data in order to enable the provision of related services and products by the WICT Europe selected Partners, unless you have opted-out from benefiting from such related services and hence the sharing of your data. You can find an updated list of our Partners in our website https://wicteurope.com/
You control your Data
You can control how we use your information, requesting any of the following from us at any time, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Access your data: you can request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you.
Rectify your data: If the data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete you can request a rectification.
Erase your data: You can ask us to delete your data if you are no longer a Member and they’re no longer needed to fulfill a legal obligation.
Data Portability: You can request the data you provided to us in a machine readable format, if you wish to take it to another provider.
Restriction of processing: you can request restriction of processing for the following cases (please state which case you are in when making your request):
- If you are contesting the accuracy of the your data
- If you understand we shouldn’t be processing your data, but you don’t want us to erase it
- If we no longer need them but you need them for legal claims
- If you have objected to the processing and we need to verify whether we should keep processing them.
You can choose not to be notified of our latest news and events by email.
You can Object to the sharing of your data between WICT Europe and its selected Partners, in which case you’ll no longer be eligible to benefit from their WICT related services.
Do you want to contact us?
You can address any question, comment or request regarding your data to email@example.com
Data Supervisory Authority: In case you’re not satisfied with the response we give you, you can also lodge a complaint in front of the Dutch Data Supervisory Authority (https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en)
We may make changes to this Policy to adjust it to new services and market evolution.
We will publish any new version of this Policy on our website.
- Meet the Board – Soraya Loerts - February 12, 2021
- Women in business: a 30-year rise to the top - October 12, 2020
- A new board, a deep commitment to our mission and some challenging questions from the audience: here’s a recap of what happened in WICT September Townhall - October 2, 2020